Friday, July 16, 2010

Back to Business

And so we're home...it's a hard thing returning to regular life and all its obligations after a full 2 weeks of playtime.  I can't imagine what it's like for people who take an entire month (or more) of vacation.  As I don't  tend to blog while I travel, in the next days I'll be systematically recounting the days of our most recent trip, beginning in Werchter, Belgium and ending on the Princess of Norway, with pictures and modest promotion of some really fantastic places to sleep and eat, in the case that you find yourself in the areas we visited.

For the sake of organization, here's a crude Table of Contents for what's to come:

Rock Werchter
The 4th of July in the English Countryside
The Highlands of Scotland
Loch Ness
The Isle of Skye
Edinburgh
Glasgow and Bernie's House
The Trip Home

I have to say that Scotland has become one of, if not my very favorite place in Europe.  The people, the food, the landscape...hard to beat.  Yes, I said the food, in fact, I'm toying with the idea of devoting an entire blog post to the fabulous food of Scotland, as I think it's gotten an unfairly bad rap.  But as there is much to do between getting ready to host people at our house for an evening, then my best friend for 3 weeks (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), along with unpacking and returning to normalcy, so the blog will be spread out as my breath between tasks this next week.

More to come, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to every minute of it! I'm sorry we missed Scotland while we are there, but it is a place that we'd take a trip for all on its own from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really do want to hear about the Scottish food though! Welcome Back.

    ReplyDelete