Monday, October 3, 2011

Back in Town

Sometimes this blog feels like a beloved old friend I constantly lose touch with; sometimes it's like a place I haven't been in a while, like home. Either way, each time I find my way back is like a new chance at something potentially great and there's a certain level of excitement when I find myself actually fighting may way back in, instead of feeling nagged by obligation.

So here I am again, struggling against other obligations to make the time for my friend, my lover, my blog. I want to be here in this place, peeking around dusty corners and searching for the story I'm pretty sure I left there. I miss the daily ritual of writing here, but my time has become so limited...I guess this is where priorities come into play. My priority has become one manuscript in particular, and I was getting a lot done for a while. Then schedules changed and a month and a half has passed like nothing. Blogging has been my daily exercise to limber up the writing muscles, my place to explore the randomness that lives in my head, and more recently, my warm-up before long stretches of work on a novel I'm falling in love with all over again. Time management has never been my strength, but I'm working on it.

So I'm trying not to think about the list of trips and festivals I haven't blogged about in the past year...and a half. I'm just going to write what feels right, and hope I eventually get it all in. I hope you'll stick around to read, and I hope you'll enjoy it.

Get ready. It's been a while, but I'm coming back home.


No comments:

Post a Comment