Thursday, September 6, 2012

The 30 Day Commitment...Again


It's 2am and I can't sleep.

What better time to get caught up reading blogs and funny articles online. And to realize I'm not writing as much as I want or should. It's time for another one of those 30 day commitments to establish the daily habit. Daily...that sounds scary, but I've done it before. I've been worrying lately about this blog, that it really isn't about anything, but I suppose I can continue to use it for whatever I need it to be for a bit longer. Then when I become a famous author, it'll be charming and quirky.

Right?

In an attempt to be better organized, perhaps some guidelines for said daily posts would be good. Also, planning and organizing gives me a (false) sense of control and achievement. But I'm really going to try to stick to this. So stop by? Please?

Mazel Tov Monday - for throwing the focus on someone else...another blog, another writer, someone I feel like pointing the good job stick at.

Travel Tuesday - for travel related posts.

Wordless Wednesday - an idea borrowed from The Bloggess, for photos or doodles meant to inspire or confuse. (Even if you've had a blog for a while, like me, this video is still super helpful.)

Thankful Thursday - because gratitude doesn't always come naturally.

Whatever I Feel Like Friday 

Secret Saturday - for telling you secrets just to make you feel special for popping by :)

Sunday (sorry, no fun alliterational title) - lessons learned during the week, because it should never stop, right?

There. These are the blog goals to get me back into writing every single day, and hopefully starting each day here will get me going to jump straight over into Silent Refuge (the YA novel I'm currently revising).

Ready?

...

Give me a few days to wrap my head around the fact that I just posted this?

Get ready, Mazel Tov Monday. I'm coming for you.

7 comments:

  1. Yay! Super excited for your Sat secrets ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those ideas!! Good luck, and most of all, HAVE FUN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting! My hat is off to you for your determination and self-discipline. Have you seen Jenny's vlog on blogging? It really helped me focus. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HujVOAy9Y-U&list=UU-WaFn5Z1-I54oLzWvGy0Zg&index=9&feature=plcp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's where this idea began, with the Wordless Wednesdays she mentioned. I actually link to that very same video in this post :) Thank YOU for posting it for me to find on FB!

      Delete
  4. Oh I'm loving the rekindled feeling! Your daily goals sound much more exciting than mine... I do Floors Friday and Taco Tuesday in an attempt to focus my domestic bliss. Otherwise I'd sit around all day watching TV and playing with Abby, while we walk on dirty floors and eat nothing normal for dinner!

    ReplyDelete